The privacy of our visitors is very important to the Campaign Finance Board. We have never mandated that individuals identify themselves when they come to our offices or contact us by phone. Our concern for your privacy extends to use of this website. That view underlies our policy, stated below:
- You do not have to give us personal information just to visit our site.
- We collect detailed information about you (i.e. more than your internet address) such as your name, e-mail address, affiliation with a political committee, etc.) only if you specifically and knowingly provide it to us.
- We do not give, sell, or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes and we occasionally perform analyses of user behavior to measure customer interest in the various areas of our site. We will only disclose this information to third parties in aggregate form. We utilize Google Analytics to analyze our website traffic.
If during your visit, you browse through the website, read documents, or download information, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This data does not necessarily identify you personally. We collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (such as “nyccfb.info” or “school.edu”, or “business.com”) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The time and date of your visit;
- The pages you view; and
- Whether you successfully received the document you requested.
We use this information to assist us in making our site more user-friendly — to learn about the number of visitors to our site, what they are looking for, and the types of technology they use. We do not track or record information about individuals, organizations or their visits.